According to Gartner, 81% of businesses are adopting a hybrid cloud and multi-cloud strategy to augment their internal data centers.
Protecting data and using cloud-provided encryption across hybrid multicloud environments increases complexity, cost, and security risk:
- Each cloud vendor offers proprietary key management solutions. This is impractical for organizations looking to simplify data security across several Cloud Service Providers (CPSs).
- Using multiple proprietary Key Management System (KMS) solutions, results in key sprawl. It is complex to track where all keys are, what they are used for, who accessed them, when, and from where.
As workloads and sensitive data move to the cloud, keeping cryptographic keys secure is critical to secure public cloud deployments and successful digital transformation.
This whitepaper sheds light on:
- Some of the encryption approaches safeguard data across multiple IT environments.
- How Fortanix platform centralizes and simplifies key lifecycle management and cryptographic operations across hybrid multicloud environments.
- Value you can derive by centralizing crypto operations across hybrid multicloud.